About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

All In a Golden Afternoon


Spring is attempting to show it's lovely face this week, and I took full advantage of it! After a lovely afternoon of window shopping with a dear friend, Mr. Bear and I took Ponyo to the park. It's been a while since either one of us has been out and about, and it was just so nice to feel the sun and watch the ducks.


Ponyo is, of course, the belle of the ball wherever she goes, and this walk was no different. Everyone wants to pet the corgi. I understand. It's her stubby legs and giant ears and little nubbin tail.


I promised new hair, and new hair there is! My awesomely talented friend Raven does the most beautiful color, and I felt like I've been stagnating all winter. I had her clean up my layers, shorten my bangs(or "fringe", if you prefer), and then throw some gorgeous pink/purple/teal ombre tips in for funsies.


I'm kind of in love with it. I feel like a magical unicorn mermaid.


(Also, Target has some ridiculously adorable pregnancy-friendly dresses right now. I bought the above dress in every print they offer.)

I've been making very slow progress on my Beekeeper's Quilt. Laying it all out lets me see how the colors are working together. I definitely need more green...



I love hexipuffs! They're soooo squishy, it's fantastic. I can't wait to have a whole blanket to snuggle with. In the meantime, they're super fun to throw at house guests.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely hexipuffs! I know I'm going to wind up making one of these some day. I love the lone green puff and the blue with the orange/yellow stripe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Be warned, hexipuffs are like potato chips; you can't stop at just one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...