About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

525,600 Minutes

A lot has changed in the past year. On October 15th, 2012, our four hens hatched! Happy Birthday, girls!


We continue to miss Rosie, and Sally and Hennie, the other two RIRs who were taken from us by the same predator after having them for only a few weeks. I never even got the chance to introduce them on the blog.

October 15th was also the day we conceived Juniper, though we didn't know it. Last year on November 2nd, I performed in a Halloween Show with my burlesque troop, unaware that I was already pregnant!

 There's an Iron Baby in there!
This show was exhausting to prepare for, now I know why!


We found out we were expecting two days later, but didn't announce it until Thanksgiving.


In the months that followed we prepped the nursery...




Made jokes about shotgun weddings...


I had fun dressing my growing belly.






And grow it did!



We spent our last few months as a childless couple enjoying our friends.
Mr. Bear stood up as the Best Man at the wedding of the friends who introduced us, while I played the processional.



In my toast, I thanked them for helping me create my family, and for being a part of it.

Then we celebrated with a Burlesque Show!


Because that's how we roll.

For our anniversary, we took one last weekend to really indulge ourselves and relax.


Ponyo got a bath in preparation for meeting the baby.



And on July 4th, we enjoyed the summer sun with friends.


Juniper must have been excited by the boat ride and fireworks, because I went in to labor in the wee hours of the morning, and she made her debut on July 5th!




So here we are, one year on, prepping for another show, but with our lives completely and wonderfully changed forever.
Good family, good friends, a good life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...