About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kitchen Dreams

After spending less than $175, including shipping and taxes, my new apartment will have a most well-appointed kitchen:



Pictured: 15-piece Corningware bakeware set, Martha Stewart 5-qt. colander, 8-piece nesting mixing bowl set, Martha Stewart cutting board, Martha Stewart flour sack kitchen towels(I love flour sack towels, they are awesome!), 16-piece glass drinkware set, 53-piece flatware set with drawer caddy, 7-piece cooking utensil set, 10-piece measuring and prep set. All on super sale! The 16-piece glass set was around $13.
Present but not pictured: bad-ass Cutco knife set(or at least what I can piece together of one, since Cory stole my set, I only really use the trimmer and vegetable peeler anyway), 16-piece Martha Stewart dish set, and 12-piece brand-new copper-bottom pot and pan set. And the myriad muffin, cake, tartlet, petit-fours, and scone pans I've collected over the years. 'Cause that's how I roll.
I will gladly eat my meals while sitting on a floor pillow as long as I can prepare them in the manner to which I've become accustomed. Fortunately I'm also inheriting this gorgeous coffee table of Gran's; black lacquer with an inlaid mother-of-pearl scene on top depicting Asian hills, waterfalls, and temples. It's so beautiful. I need to have a piece of glass cut to fit the top.
Still on the list: a blender, liquid measuring cups, and flour/sugar/salt canisters. Which I can wait on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...