About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Monday, March 21, 2011

It's finally officially Spring!






I finally finished embroidering(poorly) Desiree's birthday slippers. They turned out fairly pretty, I'm pleased. :) This project page can be found here, and the original pattern here, for you Ravelers out there.
We were also graced with some blooming snowdrops, which I fully intend on digging up and taking with us to the new house. I'm so excited about that house, you guys. So excited! Huge front deck, bigger back deck, tons of room(seriously, tons), big back yard. We're having so many parties. So many. Big pagan summer party with animal masks and a fire pit. So look forward to that.
I've been cooking my way through Appetite for Reduction and so far have made the Mango BBQ Beans with Fresh Corn and Scallion Cornbread(spicy and delicious, next time I will use less cayenne and just spice up Mr. Bear's helpings), Creamy Mushroom Fettucine(um, YUM! Mr. Bear didn't so much care for it but I freaking loved it! Wine and Balsamic Vinegar? Delish.), and Blackened Broiled Tofu with Jerk Asparagus(also too spicy for me, but Mr. Bear was in heaven, and I thought the asparagus was amazing). I'm really enjoying getting back into the habit of hardcore cooking.
Oh yeah, and my birthday is in three days.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the cute slippers! I like the way you embroidered them. And it's great you're taking Angel! Good luck with her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...