About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day of the Dead Sneak Peek

I had the pleasure of modelling for Stina Rae Photography last week, as part of her amazing Day of the Dead series, which will be premiering at BonBon on November 3rd. Her work is fantastic, and I love it when she asks me to be in one of her series.


I bought some skull makeup(which I'll be using for the upcoming burlesque show as well, so totally justified!), and added some rhinestones. I made a couple rose hair clips from Dollar Tree flowers and curled my hair up in a '40s-ish style. It was super-fun!

 This isn't the image she'll be using in the actual show, this is just a teaser. We did a Halloween housewife vibe, given my adorable kitchen.


Bam! Gettin' in free to the gun show! Seriously though, I need to work on my triceps...
I used a bunch of Day of the Dead makeup tutorials from Pinterest as inspiration. I'm fairly happy with what I pulled together. That greasepaint is hell on your skin, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...