About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Today was absolutely lovely. I kept my promise to myself to walk downtown from my house as often as possible. I had a refreshing little lunch of miso, cucumber salad, and a veggie roll(my attempts to develop a sushi palate are going well). I perused local quirky shops and found a billfold that perfectly matches my purse and which also has about a bazillion pockets for organization. Score!
I capped the afternoon sipping a mocha and working on my french knot technique while engaged in conversation with Jill Malone about feminism, parenting, travel, and burlesque. I love those quiet days in which nothing especially amazing happens, but lots of small, wonderful interactions add up to make a peaceful, fulfilling, deeply enjoyable afternoon that just sort of fades into a cozy evening.
On an unrelated note, Craftzine linked to the most perfect Valentine's Day card ever for Mr. Bear. He's getting the artificial heart blood pump one. Don't tell him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...