About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

I"M GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!

So here's a brief roundup of our DIY activities over the past month(though mostly in the past week):

Our adorable cake topper(she's standing on a suitcase, 'cause he's so tall!) that I custom-painted.
Red/aqua heels, pink crinoline, and dotted tights. And darker hair for us both.

My fascinator. Two curled goosefeather pads from Etsy taken apart and reassembled, and a brooch.

My "I-Spy" list of things for people to take pictures of with digital cameras, phones, or the provided disposables.


My coffee-filter rose, brooch, and ostrich plume bouquet. Also, lights.


 


Wedding-themed mad libs!!!

Our marquee letters. In true Bird Hearts Bear fashion, I designed and Mr. Bear built, with the help of some of our fabulous friends.

This is what will print out at our photobooth. Mr. Bear actually wrote the photobooth program for the laptop himself, because he is genius. I designed the layout. We are an awesome team.

Today I blow off some steam by attending The Farm Chick's antique show with one of my bridesmaids, after which a couple more of my fabulous friends will be by to finish sewing the lace overlay for my dress(which is utterly GORGEOUS!!!) and I will finish assembling my bouquet. Everything is falling into place!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so happy everything is turning out as planned. Congrats to you & tony. This will be the most adorable wedding EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chae, this is gorgeous, I wish I could be there. I know you two will be so happy and I send my absolute fondest and best wishes of a beautiful and never dull life together.

    Miss you terribly. Break a leg. Because *sings* Life's a show and we all play our parts and when the music starts we open up our hearts...

    /Buffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I miss you, Kiri! We're heading over your way this summer, though! :D

      Thanks for the well wishes. I'm not too stressed anymore, because I know *sings* it's alright if some things turn out wrong, we'll sing a happy song, and you can sing along!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I was thinking of getting the same cake topper as we have been a long distance couple this whole time. The hair colors are off though and it costs $10 for each change of color so I was thinking of painting it myself. What kind of paint did you use for the cake topper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Porcelain pens, they were great for control and weren't messy. Sadly, my cake topper got broken during the reception. I should order a new one and paint it the same.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...