About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mr. Bear is so crafty!

I'm trying my hardest to not kill all my plants. A friend, who is also a gardening master, told me that it's "mostly trial and error, experimentation, and getting used to failure". Mr. Bear helped out by cutting the bottoms out of some planters so we can grow our tomatoes and strawberries upside down and plant basil and mint in the top.






Did I mention he built me an awesome set of planter racks? Including ones to hang the upside down plants on so I can reach them 'cause I'm crazy short? Because he totally did:



Someday this corner is going to be a lush jungle of food!


Hanging rack! Yeah! I'm gonna put a planter full of lettuce under it.



And then this awesome rack! Look at all those levels!


These are the survivors of my attempt to seed-start. As you can see, I have no idea what I'm doing.

My potatoes are growing like crazy, but taking a picture of plants at the bottom of a deep box is tricky, so instead I have some comparison photos of my onions, which are also doing exceedingly well.

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...