About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 10; Something I Made

 I've been spending the last couple days working on the Beekeeper's Quilt. Here are my first hexipuffs! I have a lot of turquoise and lime yarn lying around from various projects, thought I intend to have a rainbow of colors in my finished quilt.





I'm not very good at gauging whether or not I have enough scrap yarn to finish a full puff, and I've made more than one partial puff. Ponyo got a hold of one and now it's her new favorite toy, which suits me just fine, because then at least it isn't wasted time.




2 comments:

  1. Aww, Ponyo is too cute! And I love your colors so far.
    You could keep any future half hexis for finishing the edge of your quilt, if you wanted to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ponyo is adorable. It's a wonder I get anything done around here at all!
    I thought about using half hexis on the edge, but I decided to go with a "mountains and valleys" version instead. I suppose I can add half hexis at the end if I really want to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...