About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Days 14 and 15

On Sunday, we celebrated Mr. Bear's birthday by having all our friends over for a giant brunch party.

Mr. Bear loooooves cooking breakfast and he was excited to get to cook for the potluck(he says he can make a mean slab of bacon, but since I'm vegetarian, it doesn't really help him in this relationship). He had our new grill all fired up and was slinging some delicious scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, suggestively-shaped pancakes, bacon, and even some veggie bacon for me. On a separate pan, of course.


 Those pancakes are supposed to look like boobs.

We made an incredibly awesome cake for him. He doesn't care much for traditional cake so we came up with this:

 It's seriously ridiculous. Recipe here.

In the hustle and bustle the only flowers I had the chance to snap a picture of were the mystery yellow flowers that line our driveway.


They smell terrible, but they're so sunny and pretty!

Yesterday was spent wrangling the house back into shape after the party and I don't believe I actually put any shoes on the whole day, so today's shoes will have to suffice.

I know today's photo is supposed to be What I Ate, but I haven't eaten yet, so...there's that to look forward to.

In more important news, my aunt turned a sharp corner this weekend. She's been moved to the neurology floor. She's stable, sleeping well, and has an appetite. They're removing her i.v. and the doctors say she could be released from the hospital in a few days! Such good news!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...