About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 17; What's on the shelf

  We have two of these little bookseller's shelves flanking our fireplace. I love them. One we got from a lovely woman who runs a boutique out of her house in our neighborhood, and the other was a lucky find while thrifting. I love how the shelves are tilted to offer the books to you.


Right now, in addition to my gorgeous travel crafting case, it boasts a number of urban homesteading and urban gardening books, as it is my eventual goal to have a lush garden producing food, learn how to make cheese, and maybe get some chickens. The ones with the fluffy feet.


The large art history book(another thrift store find) is destined to be gutted and turned into a book bag, like this. The interior of the book will be removed whole and saved, to lessen my guilt at altering a book.


There's also a smattering of fiction thrown into the mix, as well. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Master and Margarita, some Chuck Palahniuk, The Last Unicorn.

Eventually I will get the library cleaned and organized, and then I will retrieve all my books from storage and various relatives' houses, and they will all live with me.

1 comment:

  1. I just downloaded Pride & Prejudice and Zombies to my Kindle, but I think I have to work up to it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...