About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Days 5, 6, and 7

 I'm cheating a bit on Day 5. I did not take this picture, but it is a picture of those I love. These are three of my father's sisters, all wonderful women who taught me how to be independent and headstrong. We lost Denise, on the far right, in March. It was devastating, but she had fought so long against the cancer.
Friday, Michelle, the one on the far left, suffered an aneurysm while she was home alone. She managed to get to the phone and call for help, which saved her life. She's in now in the hospital in critical condition. Though alive, conscious, and talking, she is still very much in danger, and she is being kept in the hospital for the next week at least while the doctors run tests. We visited her yesterday for as long as we could.


This is the image of my aunts I want to keep in my mind. Happy, enjoying life and each other. Life is so very, very fragile.



 Day 6's assignment is Childhood Memory.
This is a toy box my mother's sister had made for me in Alaska. All the letters of my name made to interlock like a puzzle, each with a northern animal. I always loved the moose the most. I enjoyed taking the puzzle apart and putting it back together. Though I stopped using the box when I was a tragically cool teenager, I find I love it again.



Day 7, Something New.
Mr. Bear bought a new griddle, for cooking pancakes and hashbrowns on, and he is thrilled with it. I'm thrilled to wake up to my gorgeous fellow making me breakfast.


1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your aunts, but how wonderful to have good memories. That photo is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...